Saturday, December 12, 2009

Working on layout assignments

I'm really torn between really picturesque nature backgrounds like from Bambi and the subject of bleak middle America scenes. Even though I wonder if it's fair of me to call them bleak since I've never lived around. I remember in freshman year I was really into upstate NY and highway peripherals (and I tried not to sleep on overnight greyhound trips to Montreal) so my step dad drove my family upstate for one night to a Comfortable Inn and I took pictures of the scenery. Here are some from that trip, which I'm thinking about using for Poynter stuff if I can somehow make it layouty. The problem is how to maintain the feeling of it after deleting the motion from them.



For the interiors I was thinking about doing something really regal and french/english mansion, but then I saw some 101 Dalmation backgrounds from inside the house where they're all captured, and then I read about the Collyer brothers so I really want to do that! But I also feel gross about indulging in fascination about them.

1 comment: